As a business owner, I have found that the number one thing that a business or person needs is respect. Without respect it is hard to build a proper working relationship with someone. Have you noticed that everyone thinks they are right. Showing respect to someone will help you more than insults or demands. Here are ten things that a customer or employer needs to learn in order to show and earn respect.
1. Don’t argue with your employer or customer. This will not help the situation.
2. Don’t try to change the business dynamics. If you don’t own the business, you can’t tell the owner what to do.
3. Show appreciation to others. Let others know that you are thankful for them by offering praise.
4. Listen but be willing to change. Be willing to listen to others and change your ideas if necessary.
5. Don’t insult your employer or employees. This will never help you. Act and speak with integrity.
6. Good work ethics have better consequences. Do the best job you can do.
7. Treat others the way you want to be treated. If you are kind to others they will most likely return the sentiment.
8. Show not tell. This is a polite way of saying, Don’t demand but show by example.
9. Set boundaries. Don’t allow others to mistreat you by clearing stating it.
10. Set clear goals. Set realistic goals and define them so everyone understands them.
Other related links: http://ezinearticles.com/?Getting-the-Respect-You-Deserve&id=7661306